Ticketing Terms and Conditions
Consider that by booking your participation in the Service Design Global Conference (SDGC), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
§ 1 Scope of applicability
(1) The following conditions of ticketing govern the sale of our conference-tickets to you.
(2) Please read through our conditions carefully before you place an order on this website.
(3) We may change these terms and conditions at any time without your notice by updating this contend and if you continue to access or use this website we will consider that you have accepted any changes.
§ 2 Types of Tickets
(1) For your attendance at the SDGC SDN provides different types of tickets as you can learn from our website www.service-design-conference.com. In order to buy a ticket, please go to www.service-design-conference.com and click on the registration button. Then you will be linked to another website where you choose your type of ticket and fill in your invitee information. The Service Design Network does not consider PhD candidates as students therefore as a PhD candidate you are not entitled to register for a student ticket.Please see § 3 for details.
If you are a SDN-Member and own a membership either as a SDN Student-Member or a SDN Professional-Member you will get a discount on your ticket. The ticket is valid for 2 days of conference. You will find your ticket discount-code in your personal member-account on our SDN-website. This code is part of the invitee information and needs to be filled in amongst the invitee information when starting the ticket-buying-process.
As a Member you also have admittance to our Members-Day which is a half-day-pre-event, starting one day before the official commencement of the conference/event. The event officially starts with the first day of the conference. You also have admittance to the Member-Reception. Member-Reception is a network-event following the Members-Day. In order to take part in the Members-Day and/or the Member-Reception, you need to register separately. Please note that there is limited availability. There is no legal right to claim admittance.
Student-Members need to show a valid student ID at the counter of the event in order to attend the conference.
Non-Members are considered as people or institutions that do not own a SDN-Membership.
(1.2.1.) Professional Non-Member and Student Non-Member
Your ticket only includes admittance to both days of the conference.
(1.2.2.) Professional Pack
Buying a Professional-Pack-ticket you have admittance to both days of the conference. Moreover you will get a SDN Professional-Membership for one year. Please see the T&C Membership for details. Included in this pack is admittance to our Members-Day which is a half-day-pre-event, starting one day before the official start of the conference/event. The event officially starts with the first day of the conference. You also have admittance to the Member-Reception. Member-Reception is a network-event following the Members-Day. In order to take part in the Members-Day and/or the Member-Reception, you need to register separately. Please note that there is limited availability. There is no legal right to claim admittance.
(1.2.3.) Corporate Pack
Buying a Corporate Pack you will get 5 tickets for the conference which you can spread amongst your firm. You have to register the respective persons within the buying-procedure. You have the possibility to edit this information and change the persons attending our conference until one week prior to the official start of the event. Those 5 registered people of your firm have admittance to both days of the conference. Moreover you will get one SDN Professional-Corporate-Membership for one year. Please see the T&C Membership for details. This pack includes admittance to our Members-Day which is a half-day-pre-event, starting one day before the official start of the conference/event. The event officially starts with the first day of the conference. You also have admittance to the Member-Reception. Member-Reception is a network-event following the Members-Day. In order to take part in the Members-Day and/or the Member-Reception, you need to register separately. Please note that there is limited availability. There is no legal right to claim admittance.
(1.2.4.) Early-Bird Tickets
For our “early birds” we offer special ticket prices since the programme is not formatted at that time. Registration period as well as availability are limited. There is no right to cancel or return your ticket. You may transfer your ticket. Please see § 7 for details.
§ 3 Conclusion of contract and delivery
(1) Regarding our ticket-buying-process we make use of our cooperation-partner “Cvent”. “Cvent” is a leading event booking service provider processing our whole booking process.
(2) After filling in the invitee information on this secured website you need to give us further registration information. You have to insert all required information to proceed with your booking.
Please make sure that this information is valid and true. SDN reserves the right to refuse your admittance in case of false information. Having read through and confirming our T&C you can choose your way of payment.
(3) The ticket-offers presented on our website are made without obligation, and are not offers within the meaning of the law. If customers wish to acquire a ticket for the selected event, they must initiate the ticket-buying-process by entering the invitee information.
(4) By clicking the “Buy Now”-button you send us a legally binding offer to buy the chosen ticket from us.
(5) By sending you our confirmation Email we accept your offer to buy. This Email especially contains a summary of your registration information as well as your confirmation code. Please check the listed information and use the provided link (“Click here to edit your registration details”) which you can find beneath your registration information within the confirmation Email for amendments.
(6) The offered price for the online-ticket is the final price including VAT.
§ 4 Payment
(1) To complete your registration and the ticket-buying-process you have the option to choose between different payment methods: Credit-Card (VISA, MASTER, DISCOVER), PayPal or Invoice.
(2) The secured online payment process via credit card will be provided by Cvent. For details see (T&C Cvent link)
(3) In case you want to pay via PayPal, you have to select this payment option on the Cvent website. You will be informed to complete the payment via PayPal within the next 20 minutes after clicking the “Buy Now” button. Afterwards Cvent will transfer you directly to a PayPal login-website. If time runs out without logging in and completing the PayPal transaction, your registration will not be executed. In this case your provided data will be saved in order to finish the payment-process at a later point in time. The payment will be done via PayPal (Europe) S.a.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, subject to the conditions of use which can be viewed at https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full or, in case the Client does not have a PayPal account, subject to the conditions for payments without a PayPal account, which can be viewed at https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/ua/privacywax-full.
(4) Payment via invoice is only possible until 4 weeks prior to the official start of the event. The event officially starts with the first day of the conference. If you choose an invoice as payment method we will provide a link to your billing information in our confirmation Email. The amount invoiced will be due immediately on receiving the confirmation Email and must be transferred to our bank account within 14 days after receiving this Email. In case you are late in making the payment, we may charge interest on account of delay to the tune of 5% points above the base rate published by the Deutsche Bundesbank in the Federal Gazette [Bundesanzeiger]. We reserve the right to produce evidence of greater losses. If the amount invoiced will not flow into our account 2 days prior to the official start of the event at the latest, we reserve the right to refuse your admittance to the conference.
§ 5 Cancellation policy
If you are a consumer you have a right to cancel your order basically in reference to §§ 312g, 355 of the German Civil Code (BGB). Considering contracts which involve ticket orders any right of consumers to cancel may lapse prematurely. In accordance with § 312g II sentence 1 No. 9 BGB there is no right of cancellation your ticket order. Once you bought a ticket, you are obliged to pay for it.
§ 6 Refund Policy
(1) In terms you are unable to attend our conference, it is necessary to contact us and inform our employees about these circumstances by no later than 30 days prior to the official start of the event. A cancellation fee of 70 % of the paid ticket price will apply. In terms you contact us and inform our employees about these circumstances less than 30 days prior to the official start of the event, no refund will be payable. Please consider that you may have the option to transfer your ticket to a third-party (read below § 7).
(2) Early-bird-ticket: In case you booked an “early-bird”-ticket there is no refund possible.
(3) No refunds will be given to you if you fail to attend our conference for whatever reason regardless to (1).
§ 7 Right to transfer the ticket
(1) One week prior to the official start of the event you may transfer your ticket to a third party.
(2) In order to transfer your ticket you need to click on the link (“Click here to edit your registration details”) which you find beneath your registration information within the confirmation Email and insert the third party’s personal information instead of yours. For this action the confirmation code is necessary.
(3) The third party must have the same status as you do and hypothetically must be able to choose the same type of ticket if he wanted to buy a ticket himself. For example a SDN Student-Member-Ticket can only be transferred to another SDN Student-Member with a valid student-ID.
§ 8 Liability
(1) To the maximum extent permitted by law, we accept no responsibility for any loss, which may arise from reliance on information contained in this website or other sites, which may be linked to our site from time to time.
(2) We will perform any services with reasonable skill and care.
(3) Liability for claims of damages for contractual, quasi-contractual, tortious or other legal grounds is excluded.
(4) The above exclusions and limitations of liability will also apply in favour of our employees, agents and servants and other third parties used by us in the performance of the contract.
(5) Limitation of liability does not apply in case life, body or health is harmed or if harm is due to wilful misconduct or grossly negligence or if the breach is due to non-fulfilment of an essential cardinal obligation; it will not apply if we have given a guarantee; nor will it apply for damages which are to be compensated under the German Product Liability Act (Produkthaftungsgesetz). In the above matters, liability is unlimited. This applies for direct damages as well as for indirect damages.
(6) Furthermore other mandatory legal claims on liability remain unaffected.
§ 9 Conference / Workshop Content
In connection with all presentations, workshops and other SDN-services during the conference we do not accept responsibility for the provided content. Opinions expressed are those of individual speakers and not necessarily those of SDN.
§ 10 Changes of the programme / Cancellation of Event
(1) We reserve the right to make changes to the programme of the event. A change will be made for example in case an announced speaker is unable to attend the event and needs to be replaced.
(2) In case of cancellation or postponement (in time and place), we will inform you by sending an Email to the address that you shared with us in your invitee information at any time prior to the date of the event. In these cases you will be entitled to withdraw from the contract.
(3) SDN reserves the right to cancel, suspend or vary the operation of our obligations to you if events occur which are in the nature of force majeure including (but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing) fire, flood, storms, plant breakdowns, strikes, lock outs, riot, hostilities, non-availability of material or suppliers or any event outside of SDN’s control. We shall not be held liable or cover your expenses for any breach of contract or tort resulting from such an event.
§ 11 Filming and sound recording
(1) We reserve the right to film, record or photograph at the event for marketing purposes. By attending our conference you agree to be filmed, recorded and/or photographed. Furthermore you agree to the use of videos, recordings or images, in which you may be heard or seen. In addition you give us permission to share and store these contents on third-party platforms. If you do not want to be portrayed, please inform the photographer at the event.
(2) It is prohibited to make videos on our event.
(3) You may take photos for your personal use only. Commercial use is only allowed with written prior permission by our authorized person.
§ 12 Data protection
(1) We will treat your personal information in accordance with data protection legislation. We will use your information for administration, communication and research only relating to this event. In order to do this we may share your information with our business partners.
(2) Please consider that Cvent provides you with the whole ticket-ordering and -payment process. We only use your personal data to organize and perform this event. For more information about how Cvent handles your data, please go to https://www.cvent.com/en/privacy-policy.shtml. We do not have any impact on the data-handling of Cvent. If you have any queries about this, please contact us at email@example.com.
§ 10 General notices
(1) The language of the contract shall be English.
(2) All contracts are governed by German law to the exclusion of the UN-Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG).
(3) This choice of law only applies to consumer only to the extent that the protection granted by the mandatory provisions of the law of the country of the consumer’s usual residence is not deprived.
(4) In case the Member is a merchant, the exclusive (and international) court of jurisdiction for all disputes resulting directly or indirectly from the contractual relationship is Cologne. In the case of cross-border contracts, this also applies for non-merchants. SDN reserves the right to call on any other internationally responsible court. This also applies to you – not being a consumer – not having your place of general jurisdiction in Germany or the EU or in case that your residence or habitual abode is unknown by the time a lawsuit is filed.
(5) Your conflicting or supplementary general terms and conditions will not form a component of the contract.
(6) If any of these terms is at any time held by any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
(7) With the beginning of 2016 the European Commission provides consumers a Link to the platform of the European Commission – an European Online Dispute Resolution platform. Our Email-address is firstname.lastname@example.org. All enquiries relating to these Terms and Conditions should be directed to the above Email-address.